Requesting a Sick note
If you've been off sick for more than 7 days
To request a sick note:
· Fill out a sick note request form
· Phone or visit the surgery from 10am to 6pm
If you’ve been off sick for 7 days or less
If you're off work sick for 7 days or less, your employer should not ask for medical evidence that you've been ill. Instead, they can ask you to confirm that you've been ill. You can do this by filling in a form yourself when you return to work. We call this self-certification.
Find out more about sick notes on the NHS website.When do I need a fit note? - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
Extending a Sick note
When your sick note runs out, you can phone us on 01706 641409 or visit the surgery between 11 am and 4pm and request it to be extended. You can also fill out this form.
- Please note that we cannot extend your sick note before the expiry date so please request on that day or after it.
- If you forget to extend your sick note, you can request to change the start date to the one you need.
- Sometimes the doctor might say you need a review before they can give another sick note. You will need to book a routine appointment for this.
Please allow 48 working hours for your sick note to be processed and ready for collection.
Collecting your sick note
When your sick note is ready you can collect it from the surgery during our opening hours or request to have it emailed to you.
Please remember to give us your email address if you want your sick note emailed to you.