Our Nurse Practitioner has advanced qualifications and clinical training, she provides healthcare in a similar way to the GP’s. Her role is different from that of a Practice Nurse because she shares the load of the GP’s and provides services which are complementary to that of the doctors and as an alternative choice for patients. A Nurse Practitioner is able to diagnose, treat and prescribe medication for various common health problems. She can also provide other services such as Health Promotion/Primary Prevention of Heart Disease/Stroke/ Family Planning/Cervical Smears/Womens Health. Appointments are available daily.
The Practice Nurses are qualified to monitor Diabetes , Hypertension , Heart Disease, Asthma, Sexual Health and Contraceptive Services in conjunction with the doctors. They also carry out Cervical Smears, ChildhoodImmunisations, Travel Vaccinations and are available to give health/lifestyle advice. Appointments are available daily.
We run a range of clinics. For an appointment or further details please call our surgery on 01706 641409.
Baby Immunisation clinic: Tuesday 10:00-12:00
Minor surgery clinic: Thursday 09:30 - 11:30 (3rd Thursday of the month after consultation with the GP)
APPOINTMENTS CAN ALSO BE BOOKED THROUGHOUT THE WEEK WITH THE NURSES FOR THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS
- DIABETES– It is important for diabetic patients to have regular check-ups to make sure they are receiving the most appropriate care
- ASTHMA — It is important for asthmatic patients to have regular check-ups to make sure they are getting the best possible benefit from their inhalers
- CORONARY HEART DISEASE— We offer appointments to all our patients who have had heart problems, to make sure that they are receiving the most appropriate care
- STROKE — We monitor all patients who have had a stroke
- IMMUNISATION & TRAVEL ADVICE — For all immunisations & advice on health issues relating to foreign travel
- CERVICAL SMEARS — The doctors recommend that all women aged 20-64 have a Cervical Smear every 3 years. Our Practice Nurses are trained to do this for you
The Healthcare Assistant works under the supervision of the nurses. She can take blood, check blood pressure, test urine, carry out new patient medicals and ECG's.